Starting a small business is exciting, but it can be overwhelming and confusing knowing exactly what you need to do to get your business started.
This checklist goes through the practical and important steps to get your small business up and running in Australia.
It includes steps such as:
- choosing a business structure
- registering your Australian Business Number (ABN) and business name
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) and other tax registrations
- registering a domain name and getting a website
- licences and permits that may be required
- record keeping and bookkeeping requirements
- and more
Included in the checklist are links to get some of your registrations and resources for further information.